We like to take advantage of the great Gers air on fine spring days, summer of course, and again in September… Here are some places where to settle down for a picnic-nap, a snack break.
- Au Couloumé Park. There are games, tables, benches, and space, lots of space! The view is superb on the cathedral. The park can be reached by avenue de l'Yser or on foot and by bicycle via the Claude Desbons “promenade, a promenade along the banks.
- Au Garden Ortholan. You are at the foot of the city, almost in front of the cathedral. For those who know very close to him that the Thursday morning market takes place. There is no table, but benches, low walls, a “green theater” and games for children. We ❤️: go to the market on Thursday mornings a stone's throw from this garden and taste your purchases in this pretty setting!
- Au Square Cuzin. Perhaps the least known? Hidden behind the town hall, it was completely redone in 2019 and it was a real crush to rediscover it? There are no tables but benches and deckchairs, games even for toddlers, toilets, sprayers and pretty flowers… Bucolic and peaceful break guaranteed!
- At the Department park. It's bucolic. You have to leave the center of Auch in the direction of Pessan. Tables and benches are available. The park is ideal for walking a bit or for improvising a nap ...
- In the Bois d'Auch. The tables are placed on the parking side and under the trees. The Bois d'Auch is outside the city towards Barran. There are marked trails on the site (vitality course et educational path).
At the Castéra-Verduzan leisure center
In the parking area, not only are large tables there, two aces from the lake for swimming and water sports (paddle, toboggan, aquazone, pedal boats…), but also barbecues will delight gourmets for whom picnics and grills are one!
In the garden of Vassevin in Jégun
Charm, calm, flowers, even “romanticism” qualify this very pretty flowered garden, furnished and nicely maintained. Because pictures are better than long speeches, here are some pictures of the place equipped with a table. You can easily bring your blanket and everything you need from your country picnic to settle in and unpack your basket and good Gers products (see the places of farm sale et markets at the Grand Auch heart of Gascony)!
It is at the foot of village that a table awaits you near the games for the children. Our suggestion: go to the village for the digestive walk and the covered way, the hidden garden gives a bucolic note to your walk.
Le 3 flower village Will seduce more than one with its small town center facilities, its cleanliness and its harmoniously flowered spaces. Sit on the table at your disposal and enjoy the picture of the Gers countryside which is offered to your peepers.
The picnic break is taken a stone's throw from the XNUMXth century bridge of the Pavia village, stuck to Auch. A few large tables are there for lovers of meals taken from the bag between a playground for the children and a pond for the fishermen. The large car park allows motorhome operators to stop ...
2 tables are available on the covered way around the church! Ideal before or after one of the hikes that leave from the village. Of course, we do not miss the ride in the pousterles and under the embans of this medieval castelnau nor the point of view from the orientation table.
In Montégut, Preignan and Auterrive
A few tables are also waiting for you, near small games for children or sports fields.
And elsewhere ! ?
There are viewpoints and hidden places where we like to improvise a picnic, with friends, family, lovers ... Either we keep them “secrets”, or we share them! And here in the Gers we are rather spoiled between valleys, bright colors, carpets of sunflowers and wheat, paintings of vines and mosaics of old stones ...