Are you between 6 and 12 years old? So come and learn about history and architecture while having fun ... During 2h30 you will discover with the guides of the Country of art and history of Grand Auch, a theme or a technique related to our heritage, giving way to your creative side!
Four workshops (discovery of a work in situ, followed by an artistic practice workshop) are offered, you will necessarily find what you are looking for:
* modeling workshop (from 6 years old): children discover the choir stalls of the cathedral. Their mission: to understand its function, to discover the decorations and the carved characters of the stalls, and to learn about the technique of bas relief. In the workshop, they make a clay sculpture, inspired by the bestiaries of the cathedral stalls.
* coat of arms workshop (from 6 years old): in the hall of the Illustrious of the town hall, children go to meet different coats of arms and coats of arms. Their mission: to learn to recognize them and understand their meaning. In order to unravel the secrets of this medieval art, they are introduced throughout the workshop to the techniques and rules of heraldry then create, on a shield, a coat of arms in their image.
* stone-carving workshop (from 6 years old): children will discover the art of stone-carving by walking through and observing the facades of the historic center. Their mission: to understand the different techniques, to know the difference between a cut stone and a sculpted decoration ... In the workshop, equipped with scissors and scribing points, they make a bas-relief in the manner of a tailor. rock.
* stained glass workshop (from 9 years old): children are introduced to the art of stained glass by discovering the stained glass windows of Arnaut de Moles in the cathedral. Their mission: to discover the function of stained-glass windows, to observe the characters, animals and decorations, then to understand the different stages in the manufacture of a stained-glass window. In the workshop, they carry out work in the manner of Arnaut de Moles on a small bay, using models and colored tracing papers.
These workshops are scheduled during school holidays.
The quarterly program of the Country of Art and History is available at the tourist office in Auch and at the tourist information office in Castéra-Verduzan; Downloadable online at www.auch-tourisme.com and the dates are communicated on the Facebook page of the country of art and history.
Ranking & labels
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Maximum age: 12 years old
- Minimum group size: 12 person (s)