The village of Duran was one of the possessions of the Lord of Roquelaure before becoming that of Marquis de Mirabeau until 1765. That was the year that Dominique Sentez, an Auch-based bourgeois, bought the village and became Lord of Duran.
The church, dedicated to Sainte Luce of Syracuse, was rebuilt after having burned down. Its square bell tower was restored in 1984. Behind the principal altar stands a 13th-century reredos showing the martyrdom of Sainte Luce. This work by Fleury has recently been restored. In the southern chapel, an altar and tabernacle in gilded wood date from the 19th century, while the Pietà dates from the 18th century.
Duran hosts feats, exhibitions and concerts all year round.
Voici votre agenda des 17, 18 et 19 janvier 2020 dans le...