Cultural heritage

VILLAGE OF SAINT-LARY

The name of the town comes from the patois "Làry" which means "Hilaire" in French, the patron saint of the town (Saint-Hilaire).
This fortified village was one of the former strongholds of the Armagnacs. On the plot, a 1933th and XNUMXth century castle (private castle) has been listed as a historical monument since XNUMX. It belonged to Countess Berthie von Colloredo-Mansfeld, grandmother of the famous Grichka and Igor Bogdanoff, who stayed as children in the Chateau.

Two "crosses" and a reserve well are still visible from the square.

The remarkable 11-meter Gallo-Roman pile has been listed as a historic monument since 1875 overlooking the valley of the Loustère stream. The latter is one of the eight remaining in the Gers and the best preserved.