This village was probably founded in the late 4th century. It became an important war holding beginning in the 10th century. This small village includes a castle (private, not open to the public) and a large rustic 18th-century mansion. The church was rebuilt in 1874. Only its antique altar is a listed historic monument, but the altar's gilded reredos, a work by Smets and the church's contemporary stained glass are all of interest.